We’re looking for a Digital Production Assistant to support our in-house editorial team in publishing digital content for our media brand.
Who we are
Oxford Digital is a team of diverse commercial, creative and technical professionals passionate about helping our clients use digital technology to grow sustainably and inclusively.
Our media brand – The Oxford Magazine – is an online magazine curated for people who live, work or play in Oxford or across Oxfordshire – whether they’re locals, new in town, or just passing through.
You can read more about The Oxford Magazine here.
About the role
The role will be primarily responsible for editing and publishing digital content across The Oxford Magazine website. This hands-on production role ensures our written content – across news, features, comment, analysis and newsletters – is produced promptly to the highest possible standards. It will include uploading breaking news from newswires and the chance to work across the website and social channels.
What you’ll do
In a nutshell, you’ll be responsible for:
- Ensuring copy is accurate, well presented and optimised for a digital audience.
- Writing sharp, digital-friendly headlines and selecting the best pictures, video and multimedia assets to accompany the copy.
- Promoting the content across our other digital channels, including social media feeds.
- Liaising with the Digital Business Editor and Social/Community Editor to ensure other priorities are met.
- Generating creative ideas for presenting the content online – posts, event listings, directory listing, etc.
What we’re looking for
- Experience writing and/or editing stories for digital publishing and social media platforms.
- Digital publishing skills needed, including knowledge of creating and managing WordPress posts
- A broad understanding of SEO and social media and its relationship with/impact on digital content.
- Ability to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
The nature of our industry means working with us at The Oxford Magazine is varied and fast-paced. We want working here to be rewarding for everyone, and we’ll aim to provide you with opportunities that best support your personal and professional aspirations.
How to apply
If you’re interested, email your details to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include a resume and a cover letter focusing on what inspires you and what impact you wish to have while working with our company.